Sunday, September 15, 2013

Grateful Reflections

As I sit here writing this blog, it is a quiet Sunday morning. The family has not yet begun to stir (except for my early-bird-oldest-child who is up, but quietly playing). I can hear the early morning sounds of birds chirping and can see the sun starting to make it's way through our windows. And as I sit and reflect on the last two weeks - whirlwind weeks that they were - I am grateful.

So grateful to be back here, after worrying and wondering if it would happen. And here we are! The other night, during family devotions, the kids commented again how God answered our prayers. We are so grateful that God chose to bring us back.

It is really green in Kijabe right now.
So grateful to be interacting with these amazing students again. As I teach my classes and go about my day, the phrase, "the best kids on earth" keeps running through my mind. As the bell rings to signal the end of my Art Class each day, I always hear a "thank you!" as the students leave the room. Last night we had a houseful of kids. This is our monthly group of kids that come over to hang out and we are blessed to have the same group we had before we left for the US - so it was a happy reunion! We were having so much fun I forgot to take pictures!
My lovely Art class



So grateful that my kids are happy here. Technology time gets pushed aside here as the outside world woos my children. Climbing trees, playing spy games outside, collecting chameleons, and building forts. They come in each evening dirty and tired - in a good way!


Our gardener, Stephen, who lovingly helps the kids find chameleons.

One happy kid.

Can you see the chameleon? It is camouflaged.



The chameleon learning how to play the clarinet.


So grateful.




A baby chameleon.





No comments:

Post a Comment