Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Waiting Game

We are in the process of trying to secure housing for next year from afar. We have had wonderful help on the other side - thank you everyone who has made phone calls, filled in applications, attended open houses, and talked to landlords on our behalf!

But now we wait. We have a house that we are really, really interested in, but we have to wait for the phone call or email to say yes or no. And it is hard to be patient! My mind is running at 100 miles per hour, thinking of living there...or not living there. Thinking of how to get furniture to furnish the place. Thinking of all the things we need to do in order to get settled. I am already plotting plan B if this house falls through. And my mind is not at rest. At all.

This morning the Lord gave me a verse. I know it must have been the Lord, since my mind was so full of worry and anxiety that it didn't have room for scripture at that point. But the Lord reminded me, "I know the plans I have for you, Joyellen, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." 

Oh yeah. Why am I scurrying and fretting? We have been praying for a house for next year for months now. So have many of you. The Lord knows our needs and we just need to patiently wait for His perfect timing.



No comments:

Post a Comment