Thursday, April 19, 2012

My friend Julie

Today I woke up to devastating news on my computer. My dear friend, Julie and her son  Timmy were killed in a tragic car accident in Paraguay. Julie and her husband Norberto had been serving there as missionaries for the past 10 years and had recently adopted a little girl,  Anahi, to join their family.

Julie and I met in 10th grade at Northview High School. I was home for one year on furlough with my family and not a happy camper. Making new friends was hard. Going to a new school was hard. And being away from the familiarity of Kenya was hard. Then along came Julie. She was a strong Christian friend with lots of spunk! We had lots of fun together that year and I really feel like she was instrumental in getting me through that difficult time in my life.

Over the years we went our separate ways - we both married, had children, and pursued missions. She and her husband to Paraguay and Jeff and I to Kenya. We kept in touch via facebook and each other's blogs and I was hoping to see her this summer when both of our furloughs coincided.

The Lord had other plans and took her home to be with Him yesterday. My heart is heavy but I am rejoicing in the beautiful legacy she left behind - of a godly woman who was passionate about her family, her ministry and her faith.

Our Fam

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about this loss! you an their family will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry "Helen". Sometimes it is so hard to understand God's plans but to know that she is dancing with the Lord is a great encouragement. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh. So sorry to hear this Aunt Hellen. That is devastating news. Today I've found comfort in the John 10 passage on the Good Shepherd. May you also find comfort in the arms of our Good Shepherd.

    ReplyDelete