Thursday, October 20, 2011

Princess Tea Party



I have the privilege of teaching tenth grade girls' Sunday School. Over the years we have established a set curriculum, based on "The Five Aspects of Femininity" by Barbara Mouser. We hit the core aspects: Daughter of the King, Helper-Completer, Sacred Vessel, Handmaiden of Wisdom and Beauty for the King (we modified the last one). We have also added in some fun "extras" to the curriculum - such as this tea party that we do every year at the end of studying the "Daughter of the King" aspect. We really want the girls to feel lavishly loved - as God loves each of them! It is one of my favorite lessons! When I say, "we" - there are 6 amazing women that I teach with - who are all passionate about training and instructing these young ladies to love God and pursue righteousness. 

Here are some photos from last Sunday:


Pinkies Up!



All of the girls are beautiful - inside and out!


We set up 7 tables of 5 - in the fireside room of our school cafeteria.


And we used fine china!



I think the girls had a lot of fun...I know the teachers did!


They all dressed up in their princess best...


...and used their best manners...


...and smiled their best princess smiles!



Here are 6 of the 7 teachers...one had to slip out early since she was unwell.... :(


Twins!


Aren't they cute?



We had a lovely selection of teas....


....and piles and piles of goodies! Oh my!


All in all, it was a wonderful morning. We even had a special speaker (our SEW speaker from the States). I think the girls had a small taste of how much God values and loves each one of them as his daughters and we had a chance to really love on them too. I count it a privilege to be a part of this amazing team, teaching these amazing girls.

2 comments:

  1. Wait.... Melody was your special speaker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! No, I didn't get a picture of the speaker, but I can see how that was confusing! I will edit it, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete